Skills required: cast on, knitting, purling, decreasing, knitting in the round, following a simple cable pattern (charts and written instructions provided), working I-cord and attached I-cord (explanations provided), yarn over.
Construction: This bonnet is knit seamlessly and features an easy cable pattern on a garter stitch background. The front of the bonnet is knit flat; the crown is knit in the round. An attached I-cord and I-cord ties are worked on the neck portion. Both charts and written instructions are provided to accommodate personal preference.
This adorable, easy and seamless bonnet for your little ones features a lovely cable pattern that is designed to match the Silverfox cardigan.
It is available for individual purchase or as part of the Silverfox Hats ebook.
The individual pattern is available for purchase in pdf format for 4.50 Euros.
It is also available as part of the Silverfox Hats ebook.
Sizes available: Newborn (Baby, Toddler, Child)
For head circumference up to: 14 (16, 18, 20) inches or 35.5 (40.5, 45.5, 50.5) cm.
Finished bonnet is approximately: 12 (14, 16, 18) inches or 30.5 (35.5, 40.5, 45.5) cm across front.
Approximately 100 (125, 150, 175) yds or 91 (114, 137, 160) meters of dk weight yarn.
- US 6 or 4mm straight or circular needles or size needed to match garter stitch gauge.
- 1 set of matching dpns for crown of hat.
- US 4 or 3.5mm straight or circular needles (i.e. 2 sizes smaller) for ribbing.
- 1 set of matching dpns for I-cord.
- Cable needle or dpn
- 6 stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- 20 sts x 48 rows (i.e. 24 garter ridges) = 4 inches or 10cm in garter stitch using larger needles, after blocking
- 42-stitch, 12-row repeat from Cable Chart measures 7” or 18cm wide and 1.3” or 3.5cm high using larger needles, after blocking