Skills required: long-tail cast on, knitting, purling, increasing, decreasing, knitting in the round, applied I-cord edging (explained in pattern), yarn over, working a simple lace pattern, picking up stitches, binding off, I-cord bind off (explained in pattern).
Chart and written instructions are both included in the pattern.
Construction: This dress is worked seamlessly from the top down, first flat, then in the round, with a circular/raglan hybrid yoke. Stitches are picked up to work a button placket and an applied I-cord is worked for a neat neckline finish. Stitches for the sleeves are put on hold and the A-line skirt is worked, featuring an easy lace pattern at the hem (both a chart and written instructions are provided). Sleeve stitches are then worked, featuring the same lace pattern at the cuff and finished by an I-cord bind off.
Aubade is a delicate, romantic dress featuring a beautiful and easy lace pattern and thoughtful finishing details. It is perfect for special occasions and holidays.
The individual pattern is available for purchase in pdf format for 5.75 Euros.
Sizes available: 3mo (6mo, 12mo, 18mo // 2yo, 4yo, 6yo, 8yo)
To fit chest: 16 (17, 18,19 // 21, 23, 25, 26.5) inches or 40.5 (43, 45.5, 48.5 // 53.5, 58.5, 63.5, 67.5) cm.
Garment chest at underarms: 18 (19, 20, 21 // 23, 25.75, 27.75, 29) inches or 45.5 (48.5, 51, 53.5 // 58.5, 65.5, 70.5, 73.5) cm.
- Approximately 425 (450, 500, 550 // 600, 700, 775, 850) yds or 389 (411, 457, 503 // 549, 640, 709, 777) meters of fingering weight yarn (note: make sure the yarn has great stitch definition).
- 24 sts x 32 rows = 4 inches or 10cm in stockinette stitch using larger needles
- 26 sts x 64 rows (i.e. 32 ridges) = 4 inches or 10cm in garter stitch using smaller needles
- US 4 or 3.5mm 16-inch or 40cm circular needle or size needed to match stockinette gauge. Note: for the two largest sizes, a 24-inch or 60cm needle may be more comfortable
- set of matching dpns
- US 2 1/2 or 3mm (or two sizes smaller than circular needle above) 24-inch or 60cm circular needle
- 4 stitch markers (including a different color marker to mark the beginning of round)
- 2 stitch holders or waste yarn
- tapestry needle
- three buttons 2/3-inch or1.5cm in diameter