Skills required: knitting, purling, knitting in the round, increasing, decreasing, knitting on dpns, picking up stitches, yarn over.
Construction: This garment is knit top-down, it is completely seamless and has minimal finishing.
Stitches for the sleeves and collar are picked up on the wrong side of the garment for a layered look. Button loops worked at the end mean any size buttons can be used for the closure. The garment can be worn with the buttons at the front or at the back (the collar looks the same at the front and at the back.)
A timeless dress or top with a peter pan collar and two sleeve options: puffed or three-quarters. The pinafore or jumper overdress reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.
The individual pattern is available for purchase in pdf format for 5.25 Euros.
Sizes available: 3mo (6mo, 12mo, 18mo, 24mo)
Finished garment chest circumferences 16 (17, 18, 19, 20) inches or (40, 43, 46, 48, 51) cm.
For 3mo (6mo, 12mo, 18mo, 24mo):
- Top version: 1 (2, 2, 2, 2) balls or 137 (274, 274, 274, 274) yd / 125 (250, 250, 250, 250) m in Main Color Yarn
- Dress version: 2 (2, 2, 3, 4) balls or 274 (274, 274, 411, 548) yd / 250 (250, 250, 375, 500) m in MC
- Both versions: 1 ball or 137 yards / 125 meters in Contrasting Color Yarn for sleeves and collar.
- 24 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
- US 4 / 3.5mm 16" (or 40cm) circular needles, or size needed to get gauge
- 1 set of US 4 / 3.5mm double-pointed needles, or size needed to get gauge
- 4 stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- 1 stitch holder or scrap yarn (optional)
- 2 buttons (any size)